Wednesday, Sept. 3
- Police took a 20-year-old Marshfield female into custody after she was involved in a physical altercation. Police transported the woman to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and later to the Wood County Jail. Charges will be sought through the Wood County District Attorney’s office.
- A 44-year-old Marshfield man reported he was a victim of identity theft. A month ago the man’s credit card company contacted him to see if some questionable purchases were made by him. He did not make the transactions, and the credit card company canceled the transactions and closed his accounts. On this date the credit card company called the man again and told him an unknown individual tried to open an account in his name. The investigation will continue.
Thursday, Sept. 4
- Police performed a welfare check on a 52-year-old Marshfield woman at 9:27 a.m. on the 1500 block of S. Cherry Ave. The woman was supposed to be in contact with a mental health worker, and the mental health worker had not been able to contact her. Police made contact with the woman and informed her to contact her mental health worker.
Friday, Sept. 5
- Police responded at 8:36 p.m. to report of a physical altercation on the 1700 block of W. McMillan St. By the time officers arrived, the fight, which involved a husband and wife, was over. The wife received minor injuries. Police took the husband into custody and transported him to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then to Wood County Jail for a probation violation. Charges are being requested through the Marathon County District Attorney.
Saturday, Sept. 6
- A doctor at the St. Joseph’s Hospital ER reported that an infant had suspicious injuries to its arm. The 5-month-old boy had spiral fractures to his left humerus and wrist, resulting from severe twisting or jerking of the arm. Wood County Human Services were contacted and assisted in the investigation. Police took a 28-year-old Marshfield male into custody and transported him to Wood County Jail. Charges are pending through the Wood County DA’s office.
- A 28-year-old Marshfield woman turned herself in at 6:12 p.m. for an active Marshfield Police Department warrant. The woman was unable to post the $300 bond. Police completed booking procedures and transported her to the Wood County Jail.
- Police responded at 3:17 a.m. to a report that a taxi cab driver had not been paid on the 500 block of N. Anton Ave. A 32-year-old Chicago man said he made a deal with the taxi driver but would not say what the deal was. During the investigation the man lied several times to officers. Police arrested the man for fraud on taxi driver and obstructing an officer and transported him to the Wood County Jail.
Sunday, Sept. 7
- Police took a 29-year-old Marshfield female into custody on three Marshfield warrants and one Wood County warrant on the 500 block of N. Central Ave. Police transported her to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then to Wood County Jail after she was unable to post the $3,101 bond.
Monday, Sept. 8
- Police responded at 3:16 p.m. to a report of a burning bush on the 1500 block of W. Veterans Parkway. Officers made contact with a 29-year-old Marshfield man, who stated his discarded cigarette butt caused the fire. The man extinguished the fire prior to the arrival of the Marshfield Fire Department.
- Police responded at 2:52 p.m. to a fight between a 34-year-old Marshfield male and a 19-year-old Wisconsin Rapids female on the 300 block of N. Maple Ave. The man was physically confrontational and punched the female in the head. The female did not want criminal charges against the male. Police issued the male a disorderly conduct citation.
- Police received a report of a retail theft that occurred at 1:50 p.m. on Sept. 5 on the 2000 block of N. Central Ave. An unknown male stole a Galaxy S5 cell phone valued at $647. The man removed the back cover of the phone, which activated the theft detection device. He then passed the last point of sale and ran to his vehicle, which appeared to be a black GMC Yukon Denali. The investigation will continue.
Tuesday, Sept. 9
- While on routine patrol, police officers found a vehicle that had been stolen from Bedford Park, Ill. parked on the 600 block of N. Saint Joseph Ave. Police located and arrested two suspects, a 42-year-old Marshfield man and a 33-year-old Marshfield woman, that matched the physical descriptions of the suspects from the original theft in Ill. Police interviewed both suspects at the Marshfield Police Department, and both admitted their involvement in the theft. Both subjects were booked. Police transported the man to Wood County Jail and released the woman. Charges are being requested through the Wood County DA’s office, and the matter is also being referred to the Bedford Park Police Department.
- Police took into custody a 26-year-old Neillsville woman on a Wood County warrant on the 1300 block of S. Lincoln Ave. Police transported the woman to the Marshfield Police Department for booking. The woman posted the required bond and was released.
Wednesday, Sept. 10
- Police arrested a 44-year-old Marshfield man on a valid Wood County warrant on the 700 block of S. Ash Ave. The man was unable to post the $750 bond. Police transported the man to the Marshfield Police Department so he could be photographed and fingerprinted and then to Wood County Jail.