Tuesday, Nov. 25
- After contacting Wood County Crisis Intervention, who authorized the detention, police took a 41-year-old Marshfield man into protective custody at 6:21 p.m. on the 1200 block of S. Chestnut Ave. The man was transported by ambulance to the St. Joseph’s Hospital Emergency Room—where he was medically cleared—and then to Norwood Health Care Center. A request for charges is being forwarded to the Wood County District Attorney’s Office for battery to a law enforcement officer, two counts of disorderly conduct, and three counts of resisting an officer.
Wednesday, Nov. 26
- At 8:47 p.m. a 25-year-old Marshfield woman reported that someone entered her apartment on the 900 block of S. Central Ave. and took her piggy bank, which contained an estimated $200 cash, without her consent. No forced entry could be observed on the door or its latch. There are no suspects.
- Police took a 29-year-old Marshfield man into custody at 5 p.m. on the 300 block of S. Peach Ave. for a probation violation. Police transported the man to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then to Wood County Jail.
Thursday, Nov. 27
- At 8:18 p.m. a Wood County Sheriff Deputy requested mutual aid for an ongoing physical altercation on the 7500 block of Mill Creek Road that involved multiple suspects. An 18-year-old male and a 42-year-old male were taken into custody without incident and transported by deputies to WOSO Jail. No further action was taken.
- Police responded at 1:23 a.m. to a report of someone trying to get into a residence on the 400 block of W. Blodgett St. The resident reported she had been woken up by someone pounding on the front door and attempting to gain entry. Police found the perpetrator, a 21-year-old Marshfield man, going through backyards, and he then tried to gain entry into another residence when officers contacted him. Officers ordered the man to stop multiple times before he complied. The man was highly intoxicated and was attempting to locate his father’s residence. Police issued the man a citation for disorderly conduct and gave him a ride to his father’s residence.
Saturday, Nov. 29
- Police issued citations to a 32-year-old Marshfield man and his wife, a 31-year-old Marshfield woman, for disorderly conduct at 6:23 p.m. The two were loud and boisterous in an argument at their residence on the 1500 block of W. Veterans Parkway, which included the woman throwing car keys at the man but not hitting him and the man slapping a hot chocolate drink, causing it to splatter on the woman.
Sunday, Nov. 30
- At 2:11 a.m. police observed two men in a shoving match that had spilled onto the street on the 400 block of S. Central Ave. Police issued citations to the two men involved, a 22-year-old Spencer man and a 25-year-old Marshfield man, for disorderly conduct.
- Officers were dispatched at 10:12 a.m. to a hotel on the 100 block of E. Upham St. for a found substance and paraphernalia. A housekeeper had found a container of green, leafy material and a yellow glass pipe in the cabinet of a TV stand while cleaning a room after its occupants had checked out. The green, leafy material and residue from the pipe field tested positive for THC, and the items were packaged into evidence. Police contacted the housekeeper who had cleaned the room prior to the occupants checking in, and she confirmed that she had checked the cabinet and that the items were not present at that time. Police contacted one of the occupants, a 23-year-old Necedah woman, who said she would take responsibility for the found items since the room was under her name. Police issued the woman citations for possession of THC and drug paraphernalia.
- Police responded to numerous reports of criminal damage to property. At 7:53 a.m. a 39-year-old Marshfield woman reported that someone threw a rock through her living room window on the 300 block of E. Cleveland St. At 9:12 a.m. a 38-year-old Marshfield man reported his car’s front and back windows were broken on the 2200 block of S. Maple Ave. At 9:46 a.m. a 20-year-old Rochester, Minn., woman reported that the front and rear passenger side windows of her car, which was parked on the 300 block of S. Maple Ave., had been broken, and the center console was open. Nothing appeared to have been stolen. At 11:24 a.m. a 51-year-old Sheboygan Falls man and a 56-year-old Sheboygan Falls woman reported that someone had smashed their vehicle’s plastic tail lamp cover as well as put a 2-foot-long scratch on the driver side rear door on the 300 block of N. Meadow Lane. Police also received a report from a 50-year-old Marshfield woman who observed two unknown persons breaking the tail lamps on two different vehicles on the 200 block of Bluebird Lane at 7:14 a.m. When the unknown persons saw the 50-year-old, they drove away in a light tan four-door vehicle. Police believe all cases to be connected. There are no suspects.
Monday, Dec. 1
- Police took a 26-year-old Milwaukee man into custody at 8:32 p.m. for a valid body only Waukesha County warrant. Officers transported him to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then to WOSO Jail.
Tuesday, Dec. 2
- Police arrested a 33-year-old Marshfield woman at 8:29 p.m. on the 300 block of W. Kalsched St. for a valid Marshfield warrant. The woman was brought to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then transported to the Wood County Jail after she was unable to post the required bond of $300.
Wednesday, Dec. 3
- Police responded at 1:28 a.m. to a report of a 31-year-old Marshfield woman believed to be in a tavern on the 100 block of S. Central Ave. after staff had closed the establishment. Police found the woman, who was impaired, and brought her home. Then the woman indicated that she wanted to go to a residence on the other side of town. Officers remained in the area after dropping her off to ensure that she did not drive or that she would walk away from the residence. Police will contact the owner of the tavern to determine if a charge of Disorderly Conduct is appropriate.