For Hub City Times
MARSHFIELD — Sunday, Nov. 8, at 10 a.m., Trinity Lutheran Church invites the Marshfield community to celebrate the nearly 130 years of the church’s existence.
In the summer of 1886, logs were cut and prepared for the building of a new church just west of Klondike Corners, now the corner of Highways 10 and 80. This church would meet the needs of people south of the city. From 1886 to 1923 this log church served as the home for the growing Trinity Lutheran congregation, but there was a need for a larger building and a parsonage.
On Nov. 16, 1924, Trinity dedicated its new white church. Along with the church, the congregation built a home for its pastors. These buildings were constructed on Half Mile Drive — a short distance from the log church — where the present church now stands.
In 2000 the congregation voted to build its present facility. The once country church was becoming larger and reaching the homes of greater Marshfield. A ministry wing would connect the church and the Lutheran Elementary School. On Nov. 5, 2005, the church was dedicated.
The foundation that was laid in 1886 would be the foundation of the congregation for generations to come. For information about Trinity Lutheran Church and School, visit trinitymarshfield.org.