Group to perform Norwegian reading series
For Hub City Times
WISCONSIN RAPIDS – Actors from Wisconsin Rapids, Stevens Point, and Marshfield will take to the stage to present a six-part play reading series dedicated to the works of Norwegian playwright Henrik Ibsen. The series will be held on six consecutive Sunday afternoons at cultural venues across Central Wisconsin.
The series, which received a grant from the Wisconsin Humanities Council, is organized by Wisconsin Rapids Community Theatre
Each of the play readings will be followed by a discussion with actors and audience members, accompanied by Norwegian refreshments.
Upcoming productions are:
- January 14, 1 pm at UW-Stevens Point Studio Theatre in the Noel Fine Arts Center, “The Wild Duck”
- January 21, 1 pm at UW-Marshfield Helen Laird Theatre, “An Enemy of the People”
- January 28, 1 pm at Wisconsin Rapids Community Theatre studio theatre, “Rosmersholm”
- February 4, 1 pm at the Chestnut Center for the Arts, Marshfield, “Ghosts”
- February 11, 1 pm at South Wood County Historical Museum, “Hedda Gabler”
For more information about the Ibsen series and the performances of “A Doll’s House” go to www.wrctheatre.org.