Marshfield home fire caused by computer monitor explosion
For Hub City Times
MARSHFIELD – The Marshfield Fire & Rescue Department says a computer monitor caused a fire in a home on the city’s east side.
On Aug. 20, at 3:52 p.m., Marshfield Fire & Rescue was called to 200 E. 10th St., Marshfield, for a structure fire that reportedly began after a computer monitor exploded.
When firefighters arrived, all occupants and pets were out of the building. A large amount of fire was venting out of two windows on the southeast corner of the house and crews were able to quickly knock down large amounts of fire.
There was heavy damage to the first floor of the building and mostly smoke and water damage to other areas of the house. Damage is estimated at $20,500.
No one was injured in the fire.
The fire remains under investigation.